Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gathering Assets

In another life, I'm a filmmaker. One of the things we do is "gather assets," which is the stage I'm at with my OER. I found this great place called dropbox.com, where you can save up to two gigs of files for free, then I can access them from my work computer, laptop, or desktop. I have to develop materials for five subjects: math, reading, writing, social studies, and basic science. I've been working with students on a large geography project in place of social studies for the term. It's a ton of fun and only requires online resources, plus teacher materials. I think I have the entire term long lesson plan and materials ready, so I've moved on to math. Khan Academy has a fantastic website, so I've compiled a list of math videos and related practice, but would like to supplement with more. So... working on math now! There seems to be enough information on "how to" for math, but I need to find more resources for practicing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment