Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gah!

I watched the LCC OER training video online yesterday and am feeling extremely overwhelmed with terms like OER, Creative Commons, and Merlot. I consider myself very tech friendly, I even teach students at the jail computers, but I clearly have a lot to learn! I'm also realizing that the term is flying by (isn't it always like that?) and it is now a race against the clock. I began this journey thinking that I would simply create an online GED course. That's right, simply. Ha!

To reduce my increasing anxiety, I am going to learn everything I can about OERs before I tackle the other terms/concepts. I have looked through most of Velda's OER links and am amazed at how much material is out there. I thought it would be difficult to find basic skills resources, but I was happy to see that isn't going to be a problem.

Also, I have started a list of questions to ask Jen. When it is more complete, I'll post it here.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your list :). I will be posting a screencast (maybe a couple of screencasts) based on the content of my Intro to OER workshop in the next couple of days, so keep your eye on the Lane OER blog. Don't forget about the other upcoming workshops as well, and bring on the questions!

    ReplyDelete